The process of getting a commercial farm loan can be intimidating and overwhelming, making it important to choose a company that can guide you through. First Farmers & Merchants has what it takes to get you through the complicated loan process.
Whether you are looking to expand your operation, take advantage of a new opportunity or just manage day-to-day operational expenses, we can help you access the farm financing you need. Contact any of our Ag loan officers today!
- Operating expenses - funds are used to cover the costs of inputs for the production and marketing of crops and/or livestock.
- Livestock - funds are used to finance the purchase of livestock for resale and may include livestock inputs.
- Equipment - funds are used to purchase equipment.
- Capital assets - funds are used to purchase capital assets.
- Real Estate - funds are used to finance the purchase of farm real estate or refinance existing debt.
- Lines of credit - funds that are an effective agricultural financing tool to help smooth out the variable cash flow of the typical annual production cycle.
- Leasing services--improve your cash flow by providing 100% financing on vehicles and equipment, which allows you to keep bank credit lines available for other credit needs.
- Rural development--mortgage loan offered to rural property owners.
In addition to the types of loans listed above, we participate in various government programs which make funds available to meet identified credit needs such as:
- Small Business Administration (SBA) - assisting small businesses to start, grow and prosper. SBA provides its loan guaranty to the lending institution.
- Rural Finance Authority (RFA) - Young Farmer Program - preserve and develop the state's agricultural resources. This is accomplished by extending credit on real estate security through the purchase of participation interests in first priority mortgage farm real estate loans. Loans to persons entering or currently farming and meeting the eligibility criteria are eligible for participation.
- Farm Service Agency (FSA) - direct and guaranteed farm ownership and operating loans to family-size farmers and ranchers who cannot obtain commercial credit from a bank, Farm Credit System institution, or other lender.
- Agriculture Best Management Practices Loan Program (AgBMP) - provides low interest financing to farmers, rural landowners, and agriculture supply businesses to encourage agricultural best management practices that prevent or reduce runoff from feedlots and farm fields and other pollution problems identified by the county in local water plans.
- Farmer Mac (at participating banks) - long term competitively priced agriculture real estate loans.