Security Analyst--Full Time (Luverne, MN or Cannon Falls, MN)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
The Security Analyst is responsible for a broad range of duties including the day-to-day management of information security tools and devices, project implementation of security initiatives, and will include significant monitoring responsibilities for the security administration of a wide variety of IT systems across the company. This is a regular full time position located in either Luverne, MN or Cannon Falls, Minnesota.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for technical security: solutions, controls and architecture
- Provide technical security administrative duties for infrastructure related to, encryption, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanning, security monitoring tools, authentication, access control systems, and their associated logs and processes
- Work closely with managed firewall and manage router vendors to ensure configuration of systems is secure
- Monitor system logs, reports, alerts, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution
- Implement an internal vulnerability assessment program and perform periodic scans
- Communicate deficiencies in security systems to appropriate staff
- Recommend changes that will improve every aspect of company security
- Assist with documentation and procedures to help the bank in case there are any security breaches
- Assist with security training including instructing staff on proper security measures both in the office and online
- Research and stay up-to-date on current security threats and vulnerabilities to relevant information systems
- Provide tactical/strategic input on overall network and system planning
Key Competencies/Success Factors:
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics and integrity
- Must be flexible and able to work in a team environment
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Network and Security Administration or at least three years of in-depth experience in one or more information security fields.
- Experience administering security technologies and/or programs.
- Working knowledge of security best practices and vulnerability assessment tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Marlene Trageser
First Farmers & Merchants
PO Box 729
Pipestone, MN 56164
No phone calls please.