Compliance Officer--Full Time
The location of this position is open to any First Farmers & Merchants Bank Locations or remotely if necessary.
Responsible for the compliance function including all requests from bank employees for compliance information via e-mail, telephone or in person. Maintains an on-going compliance monitoring program as a basis for the preparation of a risk based audit schedule. Responsible for compliance training and support of compliance functions at the bank level. Participates in the development of new products, services, procedures and policies.
- Administers and monitors a program that ensures the bank’s compliance with laws, regulations and rules governing banking.
- Acts as compliance resource for the banks, responding to all request via e-mail, telephone or in person, for questions regarding compliance issues.
- Utilize MBA Compliance Help as additional resource.
- Maintain a data base of compliance questions.
- Research and stay apprised of federal and state banking laws and regulations.
- Assists in the development and the maintenance of policies and procedures ensuring that they comply with regulations.
- Lead the compliance portion of monthly audit/compliance committee meetings and assist in preparing minutes for those meetings.
- Reports regularly to Management and the Board of Directors regarding compliance monitoring system.
- Develops and incorporates compliance monitoring in day to day operations.
- Make recommendations to Management to improve operations as necessary.
- Work with management assessing potential areas of risk.
- Performs an annual risk assessment in order to establish a risk based audit schedule in coordination with the audit team.
- Reviews all advertisements and ensures that they are compliant prior to placement.
- Participated with the development of new products and services for compliance review.
- Attends Operations meetings as scheduled.
- Coordinate record retention.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees receive applicable compliance training covering regulations.
- Attend bank branch staff meetings, as necessary, for compliance support on internal procedure and to provide updates on regulatory changes.
- Coordinates compliance examinations and assists management in the preparation of responses to regulators.
- Provide ongoing support and training to the Community Reinvestment Act Officers.
- Provide ongoing support to the Bank Secrecy Act Officers and attend training annually to stay apprised of current rules.
- Responsible for ensuring the complaint process is working properly.
- Implement Compliance Task Forces as needed.
- Participate in Hot Topics sessions as requested.
- Drafts comment letters to regulators regarding proposed regulatory changes affecting the bank.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 to 4 years of compliance experience or equivalent experience.
- Certification preferred (CRCM)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer