Commercial Lender - St. Paul
Are you searching for a great job with an amazing team? First Farmers & Merchants Bank of St. Paul is looking to hire a full-time Commercial Lender to manage and develop a quality portfolio. Ideal candidates will have commercial lending or commercial credit experience and a desire to maintain strong customer relationships while building new ones through networking and referrals.
Our Commercial Lenders are responsible for developing and maintaining profitable and high quality account relationships with commercial customers.
- Effectively manages the loan process and all aspects of the borrowing relationship-from origination to booking and collection.
- Act as a relationship manager to existing customers.
- Identifies customer needs and recommends specific products and/or services.
- Analyze, structure, underwrite, price, and negotiate credit requests based on the risk and value of the relationship.
- Manages credit risk in a manner consistent with the loan quality target established by the Chief Credit Officer.
- Accepts loan applications, analyzes financial statements and underwrites credit using Sage Works.
- Negotiates terms, prepares written financial statement analysis for credit presentations package to Loan Committee.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Generate fee income.
- Proactively identifies and manages risk through careful review of customer financial statements, overdraft reports, past due loan reports, watch reports, and loan review reports.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of bank's loan policies and credit administration procedures and performs all responsibilities according to these guidelines.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of loan related compliance and documentation issues.
- Participates on the Loan Committee (along with other committees as requested) and participates in community activities to promote goodwill and generate additional business.
- Ensure compliance to loan policy, approval guidelines, and regulations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of commercial lending/credit experience.
- Knowledge of commercial credit and cash management products.
First Farmers & Merchants Bank is an independent, privately owned community bank with locations in Southern Minnesota and St. Paul. The St. Paul location is primarily a private banking office that provides a very high level of customer service to our clients.
Job Type: Full-Time
Please download and complete the Employment Application and submit it along with a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Farmers & Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.