Assistant Vice President of Agricultural/Commercial Business Development - Full Time - Stewartville
Are you searching for a great job with an amazing team? First Farmers & Merchants Bank of Stewartville is looking to hire a Full Time Assistant Vice President of Agricultural/Commercial Business Development. Ideal candidates will have previous agricultural and/or commercial lending experience and knowledge of banking regulations and policies.
Download & complete our Employment Application and email it to DaveFeddersen@ffmbank.com or call/stop in at our Stewartville location today!
Our Assistant Vice President of Agricultural/Commercial Business Development is responsible for soliciting, develop and maintaining profitable and high-quality account relationships with agriculture/commercial customers. They will be accountable for reaching loan volume goals and will develop leads from referral sources, existing client base, and regular prospecting efforts. They'll additionally act as a relationship manager to existing customers, determining customer banking needs and strengthening banking relationships. They will effectively manage the loan process from origination through booking and collection, as well as analyze, structure, underwrite, price, and negotiate credit request based on the risk and value of the relationship, and be able to generate fee income, ensure compliance to loan policy, approval guidelines, and regulations.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects and customers and cross-selling bank products and services.
- Interview loan applicants. Collect and analyze financial and related data to determine the general credit worthiness of the prospect and merits of the specific loan request.
- Establish and negotiate, where necessary, terms under which credit will be extended, including costs, repayment method and schedule, and collateral requirements.
- Manage all aspects of borrowing relationship loan, closings, and ongoing customer communications.
- Analyze financial statements and underwrite credit as appropriate, negotiate terms, prepare written financial statement analysis for credit presentations package to loan committee.
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Assure timely loan closing in funding activities.
- Manage credit risk in a manner consistent with the loan quality target established by the Chief Credit Officer. Proactively identify and manage risk through careful review of customer financial statements, overdraft reports, past due loan reports, watch reports, and loan review reports. Act as a work-out lender when necessary. Work with Chief Credit Officer and customer to minimize loss.
- Sell bank products including commercial DDA, other deposit products, and online banking.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of bank’s loan policies and credit administration procedures and perform all responsibilities according to these guidelines.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of loan related compliance and documentation issues.
- Participate on loan committee and other committees as requested.
- Participate in community activities to promote goodwill and generate additional business.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelors or commensurate experience.
- Experience in agricultural and/or commercial lending (agricultural background is a plus).
- Solid credit fundamentals and an understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Skilled in Microsoft tools and the ability to present findings to senior lending personnel.
- Team player, experienced in collaborating with commercial, CRE, Treasury, and other line of business partners.
- Self-motivated, taking initiative on projects with strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and ensuring a high-level of responsiveness.
- Strong attention to detail, analytic consistency, and solution oriented.
- Skilled in Microsoft tools, with solid presentation skills and the ability to present findings to senior leaders.
- Superior business ethics.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and stand or sit for long periods of time.
This is a Full-Time position at our Stewartville, MN location. Full-time hours are approximately 34 – 40 hours/week.
First Farmers & Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.